[Blink] Blink generates 404 Not Found on incoming phone call

Luci Stanescu luci at ag-projects.com
Tue Jun 22 10:04:31 CEST 2010

Hi Leo,

On 22/06/10 02:33, Leo Schouten wrote:
> I may have not been all to clear in my post of june 9th
>
> My bad was that in my opening note I pasted registration and invite logs
> that didn't belong to the same session
> In my post of the 9th I corrected this and posted a matching set
> Still, inbound calls generate a 404 Not Found within Blink.
>
> The ALG is a Fritzbox 7270 behind which I have several voip phones that
> all work very well.

You only pasted the answer to the REGISTER request, but this is what I
suppose happened: as I understand, blink is running on a rfc1918
address. However, in the REGISTER response, your contact contains an
internet routable IP address, which suggests someone along the way
changed it. When receiving an INVITE, the request URI will contain your
registered contact address. However, blink remembers registering
something of the form <username>@<rfc1918 address>, but it gets
<username>@<public IP address>, which it doesn't recognise, thus exits.
If this is indeed the problem, we will come up with a solution.

Luci Stanescu