[Blink] Blink Usability Features and moving forward to QT GUI

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Tue Jan 5 01:22:35 CET 2010

Hello all,

I would like to thank to all those who have used and provided feedback
for Blink so far. We built and fixed many features that now greatly
enhance the usability of Blink since its launch in December 1-st last
year.

The usability features are listed now here, if you recognize your
contribution I hope that you will enjoy to see that it did make a
difference!

http://wiki.icanblink.com/wiki/Usability

If you believe that you can contribute or help further in any way do
not hesitate to make contact via this mailing list or with me
personally.

Blink has proven stable so far and besides minor inconveniences it
seems to run rock solid and provide a valid alternative for
communicating both of work and at home without the need for dedicated
hardware SIP devices.  I personally managed to dump my favorite
hardware phones that served me well for many years in favor of Blink,
mostly because of the quality offered by the wide band codecs.

All these mean that we are now coming out of 'Beta mode' and we are
moving ahead for porting the current Blink functionality to QT
environment to provide the same or better user experience that we have
now on MacOSX to Linux and Windows.

In parallel we shall work to add Presence, Voice and IM Conferencing
to the current feature base.

Thank you for Blinking and a Happy New Year!

Yours sincerely,
Adrian Georgescu