[Blink] DNS lookup failure

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Dec 20 10:57:33 CET 2010

On 20 Dec 2010, at 06:40, Conrad Heiney wrote:

> I found the problem.
>
> For some reason Blink was only looking up the tcp tls record, and not
> the udp non-tls record. example:
>
> 2010-12-19 20:32:27.319300: DNS lookup SRV
> _sips._tcp.voip.tierzero.net failed: no response received, the query
> has timed out
>
> There were no attempts in the log to hit the udp SRV record.

Blink doesn't lookup SRV records directly. It does so as instructed by
the NAPTR record, which lists the available services. If it did lookup
only TCP and TLS SRV records was because that is what your NAPTR
record defines as available.

can you please send the output of

host -t NAPTR voip.tierzero.net

Another thing: why does your nameserver timeout when asked for the TCP/
TLS SRV records instead of replying NXDOMAIN?