[Blink] Packaging it for Debian

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Dec 20 10:46:35 CET 2010

On 18 Dec 2010, at 18:42, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:

> On Sáb 18 Dic 2010 11:01:10 Adrian Georgescu escribió:
> [snip]
>> Do you have something concrete to propose? Please expand.
>
> Short version: package whatever is necessary to have Blink on Debian.
>
> Long version: of course, to do this, I will have to go dependency per
> dependency checking if it is already packaged for Debian.
>
> If it is, check that it works with blinks or it's dependencies.

This may be tricky. We currently use some custom libraries and python
modules. Packaging those may conflict with the official ones. For
example we use pjsip version 1.0 with additional patches. This may not
be a problem as debian allows multiple versions of C libraries to
coexist as different packages, but if someone else decides to package
the official pjsip-1.0 then we will conflict with that.

The same way we use python-eventlet version 0.8 with some additional
fixes. We don't plan to use a newer version as they changed the API
and also stated that they plan to remove the twisted reactor adaptor
which we use. Currently I know of no way to have the same python
module at 2 different versions available at the same time in debian.

For the moment none of these is already packaged for debian, so we
have no conflict, but if someone decides to package them, we will.

--
Dan