[Blink] OSX - do not start VNC server when presence not enabled

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Dec 6 09:36:52 CET 2010

On 2 Dec 2010, at 14:06, Yann Combarnous wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would it be possible not to start VNC server when presence is not
> enabled (and disable screen sharing button too)?
> This is useless resource usage as far as I can tell, but I may be
> missing something.

Are you implying that one can only do desktop sharing if they use
presence (which BTW blink doesn't even have currently)?
What about making a desktop sharing session with someone not on my
contact list? Or with someone on my contact list but with whom I did
not subscribe to his presence state? Or if my provider doesn't support
presence, but I have people on my contact list I want to use this with?

I really fail to see what is the relation between presence and desktop
sharing. Desktop sharing is an application, like audio calls, chat or
file transfers. Following this logic we can disable anything as long
as there is no presence. Why is voice, chat or file transfer any
different?

--
Dan