[Blink] Blink hangs on Linux when accessing sound device

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Dec 3 17:27:08 CET 2010

Hey,

thanks for replying so quickly.

On Friday 03 December 2010 17:00:48 Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:

> What sample rate are you using?

It was set to 44100 Hz. I switched to 48000 Hz. Now the behaviour is
slightly different: Blink works, I can connect to other phones, hang up
again etc, but Blink still uses 100% CPU (one core of my quadcore).

I've seen the same behaviour with "sip-communicator", a Java SIP
softphone. It works but uses 100% CPU (again one core of my
quadcore). Maybe this is of relevance.

> Also, please paste the output of cat
> /proc/asound/cardX/stream0, where X is the id of your USB (get the id by
> doing cat /proc/sound/cards)

[1 mbunkus at ls-bs-ws4 /proc/asound] cat cards
 0 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
                      HDA NVidia at 0xdfdf4000 irq 23
 1 [headset        ]: USB-Audio - Sennheiser USB headset
                      Sennheiser Communication Sennheiser USB headset at
usb-0000:00:02.0-4, full spe
 2 [Generic        ]: HDA-Intel - HD-Audio Generic
                      HD-Audio Generic at 0xdfebc000 irq 45
[0 mbunkus at ls-bs-ws4 /proc/asound] cat card1/stream0
Sennheiser Communication Sennheiser USB headset at usb-0000:00:02.0-4, full
spe : USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 1
    Altset 1