[Blink] DTMF not supported

Paul E list-blink at dragon.net
Fri Aug 27 20:28:57 CEST 2010

saul> Inband DTMF support has been fixed and will be part of the next
saul> Blink release. I tested it locally with an Asterisk server
saul> (enabling DTMF debugging). Anyway, inband will always be less
saul> reliable than RFC2833 and will only work with PCMA and PCMU
saul> codecs.

I am using blink 0.19.4 on mac osx 10.6.4 and I still find sending DTMF
to be very flaky.

When I call conference bridges or VM, I have to wait until the remote
end completely stops talking and pauses before I can send digits via the
numbers keys on the keyboard. If I start while the other end is still
talking, no DTMF and I have to hang up and redial.

Also, if I move focus to any other app while waiting for the remote end
to stop talking and then click to focus back into blink, no DTMF.

Overall, this is the nicest mac SIP client I've found. If this problem
can be fixed, I'll be a very happy camper.