[Blink] no audio if multiple ip-addresses are active

Luci Stanescu luci at ag-projects.com
Fri Aug 13 15:15:00 CEST 2010

On 13/08/10 16:00, Kenny MacDermid wrote:
>> Blink currently sends all traffic through the default route, so this is
>> expected. If your default route gos through that IP address, it will be the
>> one chosen. There is no support for selecting other interfaces.
>
> You say this is expected. Do you mean it's expected currently, but a
> bug? The SIP traffic is not being sent out the default route, it's
> being sent out the 10.1.15.10 interface (as I would expect). If it's
> using an IP for a route it's not using I'd consider that a bug.

[..]

> Again, not quite sure what you mean by expected.

Blink announces the address by seeing which address is used as a source
for routing on the default route (well, to be more precise, for getting
to 1.2.3.4 port 56, UDP - we assume there's no specific route for this
address as 1.0.0.0/8 is not used). This address is used in the Contact
SIP header and the SDP payload. The actual IP packet's source and
routing is determined by the operating system (this cannot be controlled
by Blink). This basically explains why your packets do go through the
VPN, but they use the IP address on the interface associated with your
default route. We use this simplistic process due to complications which
may arise otherwise.

--
Luci Stanescu