[Blink] Digest user

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Fri Apr 30 09:15:32 CEST 2010

Malcolm,

Blink was designed to work against IETF based SIP implementations.

Related to the setup of the fixed IP address question, people who do
need such thing they also need many other things as well in practice.
It is the pandora box of interoperability problems when you try to use
a standards based solution against a custom setup environment with
private VPN, custom network settings, and proprietary PBX extensions.
What you solve in one site cannot be used in another where you bump
into another type of problem.

As you see, the number of problems you are reporting increase by the
day and the reasons are simply in your custom environment. For such
environment your vendor must deliver something fine tuned for that
environment.

Blink is meant to be used only on public internet against a public SIP
server and not private corporate environments with custom PBX
solutions, these solutions always need custom SIP device
implementations.

Adrian