[Blink] Digest user

Malcolm Caldwell malcolm.caldwell at cdu.edu.au
Thu Apr 29 15:17:16 CEST 2010

Hi Adrian,

> From: Adrian Georgescu <ag at ag-projects.com>
> Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 13:18:36 +0200
> To: <blink at lists.ag-projects.com>
> Subject: Re: [Blink] Digest user
>
> If Register succeeds this time, than Blink works as far as
> Authentication with different username is concerned.

That is exactly what I think is happening.

> About not being able to receive calls:
>
> 1. Do you see the Invite coming in Blink? Check the Logs SIP window.

Today, when I was at work looking at this I saw invites in the logs, but
they did not make sense (they said our callmanager was sending INVITEs to
private 172.X.X.X addresses).

Tonight I tried to register through a VPN back to work, and cannot see
invites.

What I an see is that BLINK is registered on our callmanager using the wrong
IP address: it picked the address of the local network, not the address of
the VPN connection.  This can be seen in the contact header.

So, I think that blink is registering the wrong IP address.  I will try
tomorrow to find out where blink was getting that 172.X.X.X private address
from. (I did not think I had any interfaces up with private addresses)

Here is the REGISTER that has the wrong IP (ie not the VPN address).

SENDING: Packet 124, +0:23:11.657543
2010-04-29 22:37:18.257835: 192.168.1.129:63001 -(SIP over UDP)->
SIP.SERVER.IP.ADDR:5060
REGISTER sip:pbx1.cdu.edu.au SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
192.168.1.129:63001;rport;branch=z9hG4bKPjbNek-zd4VY-NZlX9UElrXFUzNg4aZA3W
Max-Forwards: 70