[Blink] Loss of audio stream using a conference bridge

Dean Willis dean.willis at softarmor.com
Wed Apr 28 06:41:42 CEST 2010

I was using Blink 0.18.0 yesterday to call into an MCU hosted by
Switch.ch for an IETF E2MD interim session, and ran into some problems.

I haven't dug far enough in to tell what the problems were yet, but I
wanted to put out a preliminary report in case this is a known deal.

The call established just fine using g.722, and audio quality was
excellent. At random intervals ranging from 30s to 5 minutes I would
lose audio in both directions. Usually I terminated the call and
redialed and it would work. Twice, this failed and I had to restart
Blink to get audio; the call would appear to connect, but I had no
audio in either direction. This wasn't a typical NAT one-way-audio
problem. One other participant had dropped-audio problems and
everybody else seemed to do ok, so it wasn't just a flaky MCU.

--
Dean