[SIP Beyond VoIP] Blink bluetooth support?

Mike Morris mmorris at musicplace.com
Thu Feb 1 22:09:24 CET 2018

I'm a Blink fan, running it (3.0.3) on linux (Ubuntu 16.04).

I use wired headphones just fine, through PulseAudio.

Now I'm trying to use a Bluetooth headset and not having any luck. It
occurs to me that this might be a Blink issue if there is some support
required to handle the bluetooth device's buttons???

I know BT devices have different modes; but much is still not clear to me:

  * Am I even on the right track with BT issues?
      o Does the app need to be "BT aware" for this to work? I assumed
        it would be transparent to Blink... but maybe not.
      o The headset works fine for mp3 playback ("audio sink") mode...
        and works fine connected directly to my cell phone.

  * Does the connection "mode" matter to Blink - or Pulse? My choices are:
      o Headset
      o Handsfree
      o Audio Sink
  * I'm pretty confident the last is hi fidelity & not appropriate for
    voice, but not sure about the first two

Thanks in advance,