[SIP Beyond VoIP] Implementing voice calls and multi users calls on Android

Simone Busoli simone.busoli at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 19:18:58 CEST 2017

Hello,

I've been spending some time researching approaches to implement voice
calls and multi user voice calls between Android devices.

Knowing that Android has a native SIP API I thought it would make sense to
use a SIP server to do that. I've come across the sip2sip service, which if
I understand correctly is based on sylkserver. I've tried the sample
applications and as far as I can see it has all the features I need, even
though they would need to be implemented in a custom Android application
rather than on the Web or by using the standalone clients.

I would be interested to receive some feedback about the feasibility of
this approach because I'm no expert in this field.

Thank you,

Simone