[SIP Beyond VoIP] New SIP SIMPLE client SDK version 2.3.0 released

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Mar 17 16:35:21 CET 2015

On 17 Mar 2015, at 13:43, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> On 17 Mar 2015, at 13:37, Adrian Georgescu <ag at ag-projects.com> wrote:
>
>> * Add setting for opportunistic SRTP encryption
>
> Great stuff, Adrian!
>
> Do you have any document describing how you do opportunistic SRTP? Would be good for other implementations.

Hi Olle!

This is the first version, hopefully we can improve on it, but here is how it works:

- For incoming calls, if the offer contains SDES we accept the call and use SDES. Otherwise, try to use ZRTP just in case, since signalling it on the SDP is optional.
- For outgoing calls, use ZRTP.

Ideally we’d like to re-INVITE with SDES if the remote doesn’t support ZRTP, but there are some challenges if we do that, because ICE would need to be restarted, and so on.

Cheers,