[SIP Beyond VoIP] build error: python-sipsimple (for sylkserver)

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Jun 9 16:32:16 CEST 2015

On 09 Jun 2015, at 16:13, Stuart Marsden <stuart at myphones.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I wanted to try sylkserver
>
> running on Centos 6.6  I have installed ffmpeg 2.6.3
> I am trying to install python-sipsimple 2.4
>
> I get this far.

Looks like you compiled ffmpeg by hand and only made a static build, which is not going to work unless you recompile with -fPIC, because python-sipsimple will build a shared library and embed it. You should instead compile it as a shared library, by following the instructions in docs/Dependencies.txt:

./configure --enable-shared --disable-static --enable-memalign-hack --enable-gpl --enable-libx264 --disable-avdevice --disable-swresample --disable-postproc

Cheers,