[SIP Beyond VoIP] new python-gnutls

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Thu Jul 31 09:01:16 CEST 2014

On 30 Jul 2014, at 12:38, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:

> I noticed that there is new version 2.0.1 of python-gnutls in
> ag-projects debian repo that includes these two debs:
>
> python-gnutls_2.0.1_all.deb
> python-gnutls_2.0.1trusty_all.deb
>
> The first one cannot be installed on debian wheezy:

> python-gnutls : Depends: libgnutls-deb0-28 (>= 3.1.4) but it is not installable
>
> Should there be also a wheezy deb for 2.0.1 or is the intention to keep
> on using version 1.2.5 on wheezy?

Hi Juha,

python-gnutls 2 depends on gnutls >= 3.1.4, which is only available on Debian Sid and Ubuntu Trusty, so packages are only provided for those. Other Debian and Ubuntu versions can continue to use version 1.2.5, the high level API which we use in python-sipsimple and related packages hasn’t changed.