[SIP Beyond VoIP] In-Dialog Requests

Yufei Tao yufei.tao at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 15:32:13 CEST 2014

Hi

I want to use send and process in-dialog (invitation dialog) requests using
Python SipSimple but got 500 unhandled error from the SipSimple client that
receives the in-dialog request. From the documentation:

http://www.pjsip.org/release/0.5.4/PJSIP-Dev-Guide.pdf
12.1.5. Application can use base dialog API to create and send requests
inside the dialog
12.1.6. the invite session handles INVITE, BYE, ACK, CANCEL, UPDATE and
PRACK messages that occurs in a dialog. When application wants to support
or handle other types of messages, it must reigster itself to the dialog as
dialog usage. This will enable the application to process incomding
requests that are "unhandled" by existing dialog's usages.

Obviously this is supported by PJSip. But does this have any wrapper in
Python SipSImple? I had a look at the code but failed to find it. Any tips
or examples?

Thank you!
Yufei