[SIP Beyond VoIP] No notification for incoming INVITE

Yufei Tao yufei.tao at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 18:01:27 CEST 2014

Hi

I'm trying to use Python SIPSimple to test my SIP server. Got stuck trying
to receive incoming INVITE: I got an account registered and Invitation
object created, observer added. The incoming INVITE is sent to the port
SIPSimple used to successfully REGISTER with a SIP server. But on incoming
INVITE, no notifications were seen in the handle_notification() function.
It did send an 100 Trying though.

The Invitation object's observer should be fine as when using the same
script to send outgoing INVITE, notifications do appear in the
handle_notification() function. Just not for incoming INVITE.

I must have missed something. Are there any example python scripts to
receive incoming requests? Any way to turn on some debug messages in
SIPSimple?

Thanks!
Yufei