[SIP Beyond VoIP] media_ip darcs patches

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sun Dec 7 01:30:03 CET 2014

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé writes:

> Ok, I landed a patch with this implemented. You need to set the
> local_ip to the private IP address and the advertised_ip to the public
> one. Let me know if it works for you.

I was not able to test it yet in real NAT environment, but just did a test
locally by setting

advertised_ip = 192.98.102.30

where 192.98.102.30 is IP of one of the interfaces of my laptop.

Wireshark shows RTP packets coming to 192.98.102.30:60002 (60002 is in
rtp port range), but it also shows that my host is sending back ICMP
"destination unreachable (port unreachable)" messages and sylkserver
clears the call due to "audio stream for session test at test.tutpro.com
timed out".

Is it so that sylkserver is not listening for rtp packets on all
interfaces anymore?

In config.ini, I have

local_ip = 127.0.0.1
advertised_ip = 192.98.102.30