[SIP Beyond VoIP] media_ip darcs patches

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Dec 1 15:16:54 CET 2014

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé writes:

> This should already be working if you build python-sipsimple and
> sylkserver from trunk (both). The IP settings is shared, so the one
> you set in the SIP section will also be used for SDP and RTP now.

saul,

after the media_ip patch that i made, i have defined in config.ini:

[SIP]
local_ip = 127.0.0.1
local_udp_port = 5092
local_tcp_port = 5092
local_tls_port = 5093
outbound_proxy = 127.0.0.1:5070
trusted_peers = 127.0.0.1

[RTP]
media_ip = 93.106.72.219

that is, my sylkserver is colocated with my sip proxy and uses 127.0.0.1
for signalling.  media_ip is public ip of the nat.  sip proxy cannot reach
sylkserver using that address, but only using address 127.0.0.1.

i hope that nothing breaks with shared public ip setting.

-- juha