[SIP Beyond VoIP] Sylk Server does not convert the SIP to XMPP message

Bojan Bojan bojan.xmpp2sip at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 23:38:19 CEST 2014

Hi to all,

I have a following problem with Sylk Server:
SIP messages (SIP MESSAGE) are not converted to XMPP messages. The Sylk
Server just forward SIP messages to XMPP Server directly without converting
them. The other way around is working fine.

Set-up:
I would like to use a Sylk Server as an XMPP2SIP Gateway in the following
way
XMPP Client <-> XMPP Server <-> Sylk Server <-> SIP Server <-> SIP Client

Test case description:

Case 1 (Xmpp2Sip_MESSAGE_OK):
1. XMPP Client sends an XMPP Message to XMPP Server
2. XMPP Server forwards XMPP Message to Sylk Server
3. Sylk Server converts the message to SIP MESSAGE and send ist to SIP
Server
4. SIP Server forwards the SIP MESSAGE to SIP Client

Case 2 (Sip2Xmpp_MESSAGE_NOK):
1. SIP Client sends the SIP MESSAGE to SIP Server
2. SIP server forwards the SIP MESSAGE to Sylk Server
3. Sylk Server DOES NOT convert the SIP to XMPP MESSAGE but forwards the
SIP MESSAGE directly to XMPP Server

* I attached the traces and logs for both cases and also the Sylk config
files.

Can you please help me figure it out why do I experience this behaviour
(Case 2) and what did I do wrong in my configuration?

Thank you in advance.

With best regards,
Bojan

P.S.
I checked the previous two posts regarding similar problems but
unfortunately could not find the solution there.