[SIP Beyond VoIP] MSRP relay very unstable

Prasun Bheri prasun.bheri at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 13:27:55 CEST 2014

Hi Adrian,

Issue seems to be linked with large number of chunks in a transfer.
We have tested our setup with Blink client (latest version 0.8.0) and
noticed that client is chunking file at around 60k bytes per chunk. at this
rate there are far fewer chunks compared to our scenario where chunking is
done for every 2k bytes.

When we configure our client to chunk at 60k its behavior is much similar
to Blink; majority of file transfers are succeeding however there are still
some failures similar to Blink client (on transferring 30 files [~5mb each]
simultaneously between two Blink clients 2 got cancelled automatically).

To identify data corruption I have generated a file containing numbers in
increasing order and transferred this file over tcp. In wireshark we can
clearly see that file is sent to server successfully however at receiving
end additional bytes (portion of 7 hyphens transaction id built by source
client) are present.  Please have a look at these wireshark captures
uploaded here http://msrprelay.org/issues/2501.

If you watch the tcp stream of data transfer in receivers capture note that
"-----" is sent extra after number 58682. similarly after number 115492
"-------YS7dPeoD+\r" is sent extra and lastly after number 270628
"-------O" is sent extra.

Thanks & Regards,