[SIP Beyond VoIP] sylk server not starting

Richard Revels rrevels at bandwidth.com
Mon Nov 4 16:31:15 CET 2013

I'm using centos 6 with python 2.7 installed.  I installed all OS
dependencies via yum.  I installed sylkserver and sipsimple SDK via darcs
and used easy_install for all other python dependencies.

When I tried to run the server it failed with an error about not being able
to import coros, proc and other stuff from eventib.  I went through and
changed eventlib to eventlet in every module that bombed and got the
expected final result.  An error about an imported function I have no idea
how to fix.

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/msrplib/connect.py", line
373, in <module>

    class Notifier(coros.event):

TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases

    function() argument 1 must be code, not str

Can someone tell me what versions of sylkserver and eventlib (and the
revisions of any other dependencies for that matter) should work ok
together?

Richard Revels