[SIP Beyond VoIP] question about user+event request uri userparts

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed May 1 17:27:19 CEST 2013

On 29 Apr 2013, at 14:56, Juha Heinanen wrote:

> this is resend, because i had used the word "subscribe" in on subject
> line and the message was blocked.  i now try with another subject line.
>
> when i start sip-session ua with account jh at test.tutpro.com, it
> first registers and then subscribes to its own presence.winfo and
> dialog.winfo and then sends presence subscribe to
>
> SUBSCRIBE sip:jh+presence at test.tutpro.com
>
> since that user does not exist, my presence server returns 404 no found.
> where does it get userpart jh+presence?  is this + syntax specified in
> some rfc?

Actually the URI does exist, as it is the RLS URI defined by sipsimple for your account and stored in the XCAP documents. Maybe your SIP server is not configured to use RLS?

As for the syntax, it's not defined by any rfc. It's just a convention we made in sipsimple. In the end it doesn't matter what URI we use as long as it is unique and it doesn't conflict with other users on the server.

--
Dan