[SIP Beyond VoIP] New SIP SIMPLE Client SDK based on PJSIP 2.x

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon Jul 15 16:12:21 CEST 2013

Hi Juha,

On Jul 14, 2013, at 11:00 AM, Juha Heinanen wrote:

> Juha Heinanen writes:
>
>> but i have defined additional (virtual) alsa devices in my .asoundrc,
>> for example:
>>
>> pcm.asymed {
>>         type asym
>>         playback.pcm "dmix"
>>         capture.pcm "dsnoop"
>> }
>
> i got alsa sound working with sip-session by making one more .asound
> device definition:
>
> pcm.pasymed {
>       type plug
>       slave.pcm "asymed"
> }
>
> and then defining
>
> audio:
>        alert_device = pasymed
>        input_device = pasymed
>        output_device = pasymed
>
> looks like pjsip needs a bare alsa device name pasymed, not plug:asymed.
> this is ok with me.

I spent quite some time trying to get the ALSA backend use meaningful names, unfortunately it may not be 100% correct for everyone. Instead of using the alsa names, the SDK uses a comprehensive name which we build by taking parts of the device description (you can see the description with aplay -L).

Thanks for sharing how you got it working in your setup!

Cheers,