[SIP Beyond VoIP] New SIP SIMPLE Client SDK based on PJSIP 2.x

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Jul 11 21:45:34 CEST 2013

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé writes:

> Juha, can you paste the output of aplay -L command?

Saul,

that only gives (alsa) sysdefault and HDMI:

$ aplay -L
null
pulse
    PulseAudio Sound Server
hdmi:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
    HD-Audio Generic, HDMI 0
    HDMI Audio Output
sysdefault:CARD=SB
    HDA ATI SB, STAC92xx Analog
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, STAC92xx Analog
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, STAC92xx Analog
surround41:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, STAC92xx Analog
surround50:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, STAC92xx Analog
surround51:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, STAC92xx Analog
surround71:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, STAC92xx Analog

but i have defined additional (virtual) alsa devices in my .asoundrc,
for example:

pcm.asymed {
         type asym
         playback.pcm "dmix"
         capture.pcm "dsnoop"
}

in baresip i have used that device like this:

audio_player		alsa,plug:asymed
audio_source		alsa,plug:asymed
audio_alert		    alsa,plug:asymed

i can set the same in sipclients:

        +-- alert_device = plug:asymed
audio --|-- directory = UserDataPath(u'history')
        |-- input_device = plug:asymed
        |-- output_device = plug:asymed
        |-- sample_rate = 44100
        |-- silent = False
        +-- tail_length = 15

but when i start sip-session, i get

$ sip-session
using set_wakeup_fd
Using account jh at test.tutpro.com
Available audio input devices: None, system_default
Available audio output devices: None, system_default, HD-Audio Generic, HDMI 0 HDMI Audio Output
Using audio input device: None
Using audio output device: None
Using audio alert device: HD-Audio Generic, HDMI 0 HDMI Audio Output (system default device)

plus:asymed is definitely working.  for example, i hear gong sound with

aplay -D plug:asymed ~jh/test/gong.wav

have i used wrong sound device syntax in my sipclients configuration in
above?

-- juha