[SIP Beyond VoIP] SylkServer and SIP Server

Gary Shergill gashergill at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 17 11:37:48 CEST 2012

Hi SylkServer Community,

I've recently installed an instance of SylkServer 2.0.0 on Ubuntu 12.04.

I have also installed on separate machines Kamailio, for the SIP
Server, and Openfire, for the XMPP server.

I was wondering two things please;

1. Which SIP Server do you recommend? The only options I found for SIP
Servers with SIP IM were OpenSIPS and Kamailio. May I ask which SIP
Server SylkServer was tested with?

2. How do I point SylkServer to the SIP Server? I edited config.ini
and added the IP of the SIP Server under [SIP] and local_ip but I'm
not sure that's correct (I am unable to log in using the SIP
credentials to a softphone such as Bria.

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,

Gary Shergill