[SIP Beyond VoIP] Xcap-diff usage on openXcap with or w/o OpenSIPS

pres ruless pres.ruless at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 10:55:36 CET 2012

Thanks Saul for the clarifications.

For now, mi command is the default one in config ini  and xcap-diff can be
only tested with openSips, right?

If we want to use another presence server once newer version of openXCAP is
available, then will openXCAP  begin to support xcap-diff event
subscriptions?Or do we continue to handle xcap-diff event subscriptions as
a Presence Server? If so, how can we notify openXCAP to indicate relevant
list subscriptions? (in this case openXCAP and Presence Server will have
individual databases.) Btw as i see from OMA specs subscription is handled
on Presence XDMS.

Also i could not catch how openXCAP is triggered to send xcap-diff content
via MI command although openSips handles the subscription of xcap-diff
event on behalf of it. Does openSips notify openXcap once it handles the
subscription. Or is there a trigger mechanism on database (on xcap table )
since both of them are using common one?

Thank you so much...

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <saul at ag-projects.com