[SIP Beyond VoIP] Xcap-diff usage on openXcap with or w/o OpenSIPS

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Mon Nov 26 16:54:33 CET 2012

On Nov 26, 2012, at 4:38 PM, pres ruless wrote:

> Thanks Adrian,
>
> Are you planning to support rfc 5875 ?

This is supported by OpenSIPS. OpenXCAP can just send a Publish for this even package so that OpenSIPS can notify its subscribers.

> it seems openXcap and openSips provides a converged solution.

It does provide.

> After subscription is made through openSips, does openSips responsible for sending http requests to the openXcap to indicate this subscription?
> Or it does not need

No need.

> since both of them are using same database and openSips handled xcap-diff functioanlity by itself. i just want to learn what is triggering xcap-diff functionality on open-xcap and make openxcap to send xcap-diff content to the Presence Agent?

OpenXCAP can send either SIP Publish or call the remote procedure call to OpenSIPS management interface when an XCAP document has changed. OpenSIPS is the one that generates NOTIFY for the active Subscriptions for xcap-diff event related to the SIP account for which the XCAP docs have changed.

Adrian