[SIP Beyond VoIP] a simple query

astra mastra astra67300 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 15:07:14 CET 2012

Hi,

I have a question about the resource lists on openxcap xdms server.

Regarding the document “*
RCS5_1_advanced_communications_specification_version1_0.pdf*”, part “*2.14.2
XML Document Handling”*;

                If the “resource-lists” document exist, the RCS client will
check whether it comply with the templates defined in sections 2.14.1 and

            3.7.4.5.2 by using the following criteria for the documents:

 For the “resource-lists” document, first check whether it contains
an “rcs_basic_spi_only” list. If not, add the “rcs_basic_spi_only” and

“rcs_basic_spi_only_grantedcontacts” lists to the document and modify
the “oma_buddylist” list to refer to both the “rcs” and the
“rcs_basic_spi_only” lists.

 Secondly check whether it contains an “rcs_poll_buddylist” or an
“rcs_poll” list. If not, add the “rcs_poll”, “rcs_poll_basic_spi_only” and
“rcs_poll_buddylist” lists to the document and modify the
“oma_grantedcontacts” list to refer to both the “rcs” and the “rcs_poll”
lists and the “rcs_basic_spi_only_grantedcontacts” list to refer to both
the “rcs_basic_spi_only” and “rcs_poll_basic_spi_only” lists.

 Using our XDMS server, when I register the RCS client, it creates the
"resource-list" as below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<resource-lists xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:resource-lists">

<list name="SIMPLE Buddy List">

<display-name>SIMPLE Buddy List</display-name>

</list></resource-lists>

The "rcs_basic_spi_only", "rcs_basic_spi_only_grantedcontacts",
"oma_buddylist", "rcs" etc... lists are not created in the resource list..

On the other side, I can create new lists with names "friends" or "family"
on RCS client. How can I know these new groups are belong to the lists
above? (rcs_basic_spi_only", "rcs_basic_spi_only_grantedcontacts",
"oma_buddylist",
"rcs", etc).

The usage of these lists and creation of these lists are not clear for me.
Could you please explain them or could you please send me a document that
describes the lists? “rcs_basic_spi_only” ,
“rcs_basic_spi_only” “rcs_basic_spi_only_grantedcontacts” , “oma_buddylist”
, “rcs” , “rcs_basic_spi_only”, “rcs_poll_buddylist” , “rcs_poll” ,
“rcs_poll”, “rcs_poll_basic_spi_only” , “rcs_poll_buddylist” ,
“oma_grantedcontacts” , “rcs_basic_spi_only_grantedcontacts”
 "rcs_basic_spi_only” , “rcs_poll_basic_spi_only”.

Regards,

Astra