[SIP Beyond VoIP] Another case where Sylk would reject Notifications

Hadzhiev, Tihomir tihomir.hadzhiev at acision.com
Thu Nov 15 21:45:26 CET 2012

I found why they were so much of them. You were right that the presence server was generating them. Have found that the presence timeout is 1 hour, and the ims client is obviously not notifying the presence server when it goes off-line.  That is now a resolved issue. Unfortunately do not have source code of the ims client, so the improper I'd is mot fixable, sticking to the workaround editing the schema.

Cheers,
Tiho

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <saul at ag-projects.com> wrote:

On Nov 15, 2012, at 7:25 PM, Adrian Georgescu wrote:

> There are two issues:
>
> 1. The Id must be fixed in the client.
>
> 2. For the multiple persons is really the Presence Agent at fault. He must aggregate all the PIDFs from multiple agents publishing under the same AOR and make sure that the composite PIDF after merging all documents has a single person.

This is really fun: while not syntactically incorrect (the schema does allow multiple 'person' elements) it's semantically forbidden (written in the RFC). So implementation have done whatever they wanted :-S ID elements, however, can't be duplicated, there is no way around that.

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you for understanding.