[SIP Beyond VoIP] a simple query

Ismail ERGUN iergun at NETAS.com.tr
Mon Nov 12 16:45:02 CET 2012

Hi,

I have a question about the presence lists(resource-list.xml, rls.xml, presence_rules.xml) on openxcap xdms server.

Regarding the document "RCS5_1_advanced_communications_specification_version1_0.pdf", part "2.14.2 XML Document Handling";

When first started the RCS client shall check through a XCAP directory query whether

- The "resource-lists" document exists, if Presence is deployed by the service provider.

- The "pres-rules", "rls-services" and the "pidf-manipulation" (permanent presence state) documents exist, if Presence is deployed by the service provider.

If they do not exist, the RCS client shall create them if they are applicable (i.e. depending on whether Presence is deployed as described in the previous bullets).

In our XDMS server, there isn't any xml document. So I created them manually.

Shouldn't RCS client create them? Which settings does RCS client need to create resource-lists, pres-rules, rls-services and the pidf-manipulation documents?

Regards,

Ismail Ergün
A2 Design Engineer

T:+90 216 522 51 38
Alemdag Caddesi No:171 Ümraniye 34768 Istanbul/Turkey
ismail.ergun at netas.com.tr <mailto:adi.soyadi at netas.com.tr>
  <http://blog.netas.com.tr/>   <http://twitter.com/netasTR>   <http://www.facebook.com/NetasTR>   <http://www.linkedin.com/company/netas>