[SIP Beyond VoIP] native alsa backend for pjsip

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon Nov 5 16:52:54 CET 2012

Hi Juha,

On Nov 5, 2012, at 4:18 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:

> looks like pjsip already supports native alsa backend.  there is this
> three year old thread about it:
>
> https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/1016
>
> these defines should disable portaudio and enable native alsa:
>
> #define PJMEDIA_AUDIO_DEV_HAS_ALSA		1
> #undef PJMEDIA_AUDIO_DEV_HAS_PORTAUDIO
> #define PJMEDIA_AUDIO_DEV_HAS_PORTAUDIO		0
>
> would those suffice also in case of python-sipsimple?

We are ware of this, alas we can't use those defines because those are for PJSIP >= 1.X and we currently use PJSIP 1.0.X. We have a long list of patches (there are backports, and also non-backports which will never make it to trunk for different reasons) which we apply on top of PJSIP, so migrating the version is quite a big deal.

This is in our roadmap, for various reasons, and when get do it we'll jump directly to PJSIP 2.X.