[SIP Beyond VoIP] Robustness of Sylk-Server

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Fri Nov 2 11:26:59 CET 2012

Hi,

On Nov 2, 2012, at 10:58 AM, Onur DOLU wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> My vision is: a sip server; either proxy, registrar, media; should handle sip traffic well, eg scheduling worker threads over sip dialogs across incoming requests.

SIP traffic is handled by our core, which is built with PJSIP, which uses the proactor pattern, so that's taken care of. MSRP support is implemented in pure Python using Twisted, which uses a single thread and the reactor pattern, which scales much better than using threads (http://www.kegel.com/c10k.html).

I'd be interested in knowing the numbers, though ;-)

> Yes, absolutely you're right, we need a proper MSRP traffic client tool to have real simulation.

You could modify sip-audio-session script, which is available in the sipclients package to use a MSRP stream instead of an audio stream, and spawn tons of processes in different machines targetting SylkServer. Gathering statistics may be a bit hard though.