[SIP Beyond VoIP] Robustness of Sylk-Server

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Fri Nov 2 09:36:43 CET 2012

Hi,

On Nov 2, 2012, at 9:29 AM, Onur DOLU wrote:

> We are trying to make a signaling traffic (only sip messages) for msrp chat session using sipp tool.
> We get MediaStreamDidFail event from sylk/extensions.py as below;
>
> 2012-11-02 00:48:29.143843 [sylk-server 20857]: Notification name=MediaStreamDidFail sender=<sylk.extensions.ChatStream object at 0x37bc410>
> {'context': 'start',
> 'failure': <twisted.python.failure.Failure <class 'msrplib.connect.MSRPIncomingConnectTimeout'>>,
> 'reason': 'MSRPIncomingConnectTimeout'}
>
> Is there a way to increase 'MSRPIncomingConnectTimeout' value or disable it, or disable further notifications as seen on the attached notifications log?

There is no way to increase that value, it's chosen according to the standard. The test you are trying to do is flawed: you can't measure the number of supported simultaneous sessions if you have no media, real calls do have media. Also, the reason why you see that error is because when the MSRP stream starts it needs to establish a TCP connection to the other endpoint, and in case it fails the streams will be removed from the session. In case that stream is actually the only one, the session will be terminated.