[SIP Beyond VoIP] sipsimple build problems

Perazim perazim at portugalmail.pt
Sun Sep 18 14:45:33 CEST 2011

These are the dependencies I installed if they were not already
installed:

Step 1. Prerequisites
---------------------

Both i386 or amd64 architectures are supported. Install the C compiling
environment, Python 2.5 or 2.6 and the development version for the
following
packages:

 * openssl
 * gnutls >=2.4.1
 * libxml2 >=2.6.32
 * libxslt >=1.1.24
 * python-setuptools =>0.6c9
 * subversion and darcs version control tools

Step 2. Install dependencies
----------------------------

Use the appropriate package manager for your Linux distribution to
install
the following packages, notice the minimum version numbers:

 * python-gnutls            http://pypi.python.org/simple/python-gnutls
>=1.1.9
 * python-application
http://pypi.python.org/simple/python-application  >=1.2.5
 * python-lxml              http://codespeak.net/lxml
>=2.1.2
 * python-eventlet          http://download.ag-projects.com/SipClient
=0.8.11
 * python-greenlet          http://download.ag-projects.com/SipClient
=0.4.0
 * python-cjson             http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-cjson/
 * cython                   http://www.cython.org
 * dnspython                http://www.dnspython.org
 * twisted                  http://twistedmatrix.com/trac
 * zope-interface           http://www.zope.org
 * Python Imaging Library   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PIL/
 * python-dateutil          http://niemeyer.net/python-dateutil
>=1.4

dnspython is python-dns in Fedora-14.

zope-interface is python-zope-interface in Fedora-14.

I had newer version of eventlet installed. Removed it (fedora-14 rpm)
and installed 0.8.11 from sources.

python-greenlet most current version is at 0.3.1. No 0.4.0 or
development area can be found.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/greenlet#downloads

Perazim