[SIP Beyond VoIP] Sylkserver and empty INVITE

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Oct 19 22:29:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Oct 19, 2011, at 9:55 PM, Andreas Bachmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We need for a specific scenario the ability to send an empty to an
> (exisiting) conference at sylkserver ­ a pattern described in RFC3275 and
> mandated in RFC3261 section 13.2.1.
> We made some tests and it seems that Sylkserver is not supporting that
> feature.
> Questions:
>
> 1. Is Sylkserver supporting this procedure? What are the requirements in
> state and request

SylkServer relies on SIPSIMPLE SDK, but this feature is not implemented.

> 2. If it's not supported - is there any plan to support this in future.

Not at the moment. This is not common practice for SIP UAs and we don't plan to support it anytime soon.

> 3. Where can we "hack in" if we want to integrate this feature into
> sylkerver.

The place where changes would be required is session.py in the SIPSIMPLE SDK. Additionally, changes might be required in _core.invitation.pxi.