[SIP Beyond VoIP] Unknown thread assertion using test sipclient

Rory Latchem rory.latchem at paragon.co.nz
Mon Nov 14 21:14:50 CET 2011

I get this assertion every time I call sip-register, sip-session,
sip-audio-session or sip-message (only the sip-settings command works for
me).

Sorry, I'm new to this so I haven't studied the ALSA headers yet. I've just
installed the SDK and wanted to see if I could access our test SIP server
with the test client tools.

I saw a comment in a previous posting that python 2.5 wasn't supported
anymore, but I'm not sure if that was correct or only in the context of a
different OS.

Thanks,
Rory

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 6:38 AM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
<saul at ag-projects.com>wrote:

Hi,

On Nov 14, 2011, at 12:45 PM, Rory Latchem wrote:

> I've built SIP SIMPLE SDK on Fedora 10 using python 2.5.2. I can edit an
account using sip-settings, but I get an assertion when I call sip-register:

> # sip-register
> using _sigchld
> Using account user1 at siptest.com
> python: ../src/pj/os_core_unix.c:621: pj_thread_this: Assertion
`!"Calling pjlib from unknown/external thread. You must " "register
external threads with pj_thread_register() " "before calling any pjlib
functions."' failed.
> Aborted
>
> My account settings might not be valid but I can't see any obvious reason
why this would cause the sip-register command to use an "unknown thread".

Do you get this error consistently? Did you have the ALSA headers
installed, that is, can you lanch sip-session and see audio devices?