[SIP SIMPLE client] sylkserver 1.1.0 does not start

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Thu Mar 24 17:44:32 CET 2011

On 03/24/2011 11:35 AM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Saúl Ibarra Corretgé writes:
>
>> Did you compile python-sipsimple from source by yourself or did you use
>> the package from our debian repository?
>
> saul,

Hi Juha,

> i complied python-sipsimple myself too and now when i look at the
> compilation, there are several warnings that i don't remember seeing
> with earlier versions.

When a new release comes out you better remove the whole 'build'
directory, since things like this may happen.

The reason is that the PJSIP libraries will not be compiled again, but
some code changed there, because we added some patches, so in order to
trigger a full build you can do:

a) Remove the build directory and rebuild
b) Rebuild by doing: python setup.py build_ext --pjsip-clean-compile

Please, let me know if it works for you after this.

PS: The version on our Debian repo works for Squeeze as well, is there a
specific reason why you need to compile it? Just curious :-)