[SIP Beyond VoIP] New SylkServer release 1.2.1

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Fri Jun 10 09:22:37 CEST 2011

On Jun 10, 2011, at 6:35 AM, Juha Heinanen wrote:

> Saúl Ibarra Corretgé writes:
>
>> The default Python version on Squeeze is 2.6, is your system fully up
>> to date?
>
> it is up to date, but upgraded from lenny, so i don't know what the
> default is and where it is specified.
>
> anyway, i got sylkserver to use 2.6 by editing debian/pyversions.

Hum, you shouldn't need to do that. I inspected the generated package and the components are installed for both Python 2.5 and 2.6. The shebang on the sylk-server 'binary' is /usr/bin/python, so it will use the default on your system.

You did discover a bug, however: I was missing a couple of imports which triggered those syntax errors when using Python 2.5.

I use Debian testing/unstable and at some point in time my default Python version switched from 2.5 to 2.6, I wonder why that didn't happen in your system. Anyway, by changing the pyversions file and only allowing 2.6 as the version made debuild only include the packages for Python 2.6 and also modify the shebang on the sylk-server file to /usr/bin/python2.6 most probably, so this worked in your case.

Thanks for sharing,