[SIP SIMPLE client] 'ValueError' (in Blink-Qt) from SIP SIMPLE client

Daniele Cocca daniele.cocca at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 01:51:20 CET 2011

Hi,
I'm in the middle of the packaging of SIP SIMPLE client and Blink-Qt for the Chakra
GNU/Linux distribution. I'm having troubles running Blink.
The building phase completes successfully. The only glitch is that I can see warnings coming
from Cython 0.12.1:

warning: [...]/python-sipsimple-0.17.0/sipsimple/core/_core.pxd:31:4: str already a builtin
Cython type
warning: [...]/python-sipsimple-0.17.0/sipsimple/core/_core.pxd:35:4: dict already a builtin
Cython type
warning: [...]/python-sipsimple-0.17.0/sipsimple/core/_core.pxd:39:4: list already a builtin
Cython type

and a bunch of "assignment from incompatible pointer type" coming from GCC, but I guess
they are not critical.
The real problem arises when I try launching Blink-Qt:

$ blink
using set_wakeup_fd
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/blink", line 24, in <module>
    from blink import Blink
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/blink/__init__.py", line 26, in <module>
    from sipsimple.account import Account, AccountManager, BonjourAccount
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sipsimple/account.py", line 32, in <module>
    from sipsimple.core import ContactHeader, Credentials, Engine, FromHeader,
FrozenSIPURI, Registration, RouteHeader, SIPURI, Subscription, ToHeader, PJSIPError,
SIPCoreError
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sipsimple/core/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
    from sipsimple.core._core import *
  File "_core.pxd", line 31, in init sipsimple.core._core (sipsimple/core/_core.c:157640)
ValueError: __builtin__.str has the wrong size, try recompiling

So it seems like something went wrong in the compilation phase. As you can see from my
command output, I'm running Python 2.7, could that be the problem? (Or part of it.)

Hope you can help me, Blink is too nice to stay out of our repositories! :)
Thanks for your always fast and kind support.