[SIP SIMPLE client] Portaudio jack support

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Feb 16 09:10:02 CET 2011

Hi Daniel,

On 02/16/2011 06:13 AM, Daniel Worth wrote:
> I'm a podcaster who has been searching high and low for a sip client
> that supports the Jack audio connection kit. From reading the SIP SIMPLE
> client docs it appears the audio api being used is portaudio. It is
> possible to build portaudio with jack support according to the portaudio
> docs. I've tried using Blank to see if it could use jack for audio io
> and alas no jack clients showed up in the audio settings.
>
> Is the portaudio implimentaion in SIP SIMPLE client compiled with jack
> support? If not would it be possible to add this? If it is, any advice
> on getting it working with Blink?

SIPSIMPLE is not currently compiled with Jack support. I personally
never tried to add this, and the only reference I have on the subject is
some feedback from users who tried it on PJSIP (the library we use for
our media core) and it isn't very promising.

If you want to give it a shot, you'll need to modify the setup_pjsip.py
file in the sipsimple sources and add the required compile and link
options for PJSIP (which will build PortAudio).