[SIP Beyond VoIP] MSRP File transfer

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Tue Aug 30 20:20:27 CEST 2011

Paulo,

If you send everything in one big message how can you obtain confirmation for the received bytes and plot a progress bar? What if the transfers fails at 50%, how do you know what happened and at which point?

If you split the chunks in discrete MSRP messages you can request delivery reports for each individual message with its byte range. Is much more reliable than sending a big blog of data and hoping for the best.

Adrian