[SIP SIMPLE client] Question about Subscription - Notify

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Apr 12 09:11:36 CEST 2011

On 3/4/11 7:39 PM, Alexander Dokovski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am developing a small application including Subscription - Notify
> process. I manage to make some Client which sends some Subscription
> request, but i get to a dead end when I try to write Server which has to
> detect the subscription and to respond to it. I add an
> incoming_events = set(['message-summary']) in the engine but it won't be
> triggered.

You'll also need to add it to the 'events' dictionary, which maps events
and accept types, here is an example taken from SylkServer:

# events and requests to handle
events={"conference": ["application/conference-info+xml"]},
incoming_events=set(['conference']),

After adding that you can listen to the
SIPIncomingSubscriptionGotSubscribe notification, as pointed out by Adrian.

> At the reactor part i add reactor.listenUDP(5060,DatagramProtocol())
>
> The problem is that if I make an external class which I can use as a
> datagram protocol like EchoUDP(DatagramProtocol) I print what is coming
> on the UDP port 5060 and the datagrams has the subscribe message. The
> problem is I cannot understand how to trigger the incoming_event in
> order to have the subscription process.

You don't need to do that, SIPSIMPLE will listen on the specified SIP
port (default is random).