[SIP SIMPLE client] Problems getting SIP Simple SDK to work

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Nov 3 09:21:28 CET 2010

On 11/03/2010 12:38 AM, J.M. Maurer wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-10-23 at 14:49 -0400, Adrian Georgescu wrote:
>> The package contains custom patches required for the software to work which not available in the official eventlet and the package has a different name, see the debian packaging files for example.
>
> Ah, I was confused by fedora, since they already named the eventlet
> package "python-eventlet". But 'your' python-eventlet != fedora's
> python-eventlet :)
>
> What about dragging stuff in over SVN during the build? That is
> generally considered "bad practice".

It might not be ideal, but currently there are no more releases for
branch 1.0 (the one we use) but still some fixes were applied there.

This will most likely not change at least in short term. However, you
may patch the setup process during the package creation (Debian does
this with lots of packages) to make it behave as you want...