[SIP SIMPLE client] sip-session with a USB sound card

brian_p claremont102 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 17:45:24 CET 2010

On Mon 29 Nov 2010 at 13:33:01 +0000, brian_p wrote:

> > Failed to set output device to VOIP USB Phone           : USB Audio
> > (hw:1,0): Could not create sound device: Invalid sample rate

Ok, this message message comes via pjsip/PortAudio; correct?

Debian unstable doesn't have a pjproject package but there is one at
http://deb.sipdoc.net. Thanks Saúl.

With a bit of trial and error we'll run

> brian at testbox:$ pjsua --playback-dev=3 --capture-dev=3

which reports

> pjsua_media.c  RTCP socket reachable at 192.168.7.25:4007
> pjsua_media.c  pjsua_set_snd_dev(): attempting to open devices @16000 Hz
> pjsua_media.c  ..failed: Invalid sample rate
> pjsua_media.c  pjsua_set_snd_dev(): attempting to open devices @44100 Hz
> pjsua_media.c  ..failed: Invalid sample rate
> pjsua_media.c  pjsua_set_snd_dev(): attempting to open devices @48000 Hz
> pjsua_media.c  ..failed: Invalid sample rate
> pjsua_media.c  pjsua_set_snd_dev(): attempting to open devices @32000 Hz
> pjsua_media.c  ..failed: Invalid sample rate
> pjsua_media.c  pjsua_set_snd_dev(): attempting to open devices @16000 Hz
> pjsua_media.c  ..failed: Invalid sample rate
> pjsua_media.c  pjsua_set_snd_dev(): attempting to open devices @8000 Hz
> ec0x8c01298  AEC created, clock_rate=8000, channel=1, samples per frame=160,
> tail length=200 ms, latency=100 ms

when starting up and

> pjsua_media.c  Closing VOIP USB Phone           : USB Audio (hw:1,0) sound
> playback device and VOIP USB Phone           : USB Audio (hw:1,0) sound
> capture device
> pasound.c  PortAudio sound library shutting down..
> pjsua_core.c  Shutting down...
> pjsua_core.c  Destroying...

when closing down. Audio to the device's earphone and mouthpiece is no
problem for making and receiving calls.

So I'm perplexed. There appears to a bug here but where does it lie?
Both sip-session and blink recognise the card but will not have anything
to do with it. pjsua recognises the card and happily opens it at 8 kHz.
Where do I go from here?

Regards,

Brian.