[Blink] Called party identification?

Daniel Gnoutcheff gnoutchd at softwarefreedom.org
Tue Apr 3 03:09:11 CEST 2018

I'm deploying Blink to replace some Polycom SIP phones. (For various
reasons, hardware SIP phones aren't practical for us anymore.)  Some of
my users handle calls for multiple phone numbers, and they need to give
different greetings according to the number that they were called on.
To borrow Polycom's jargon, we need some form of called party indication
for these users.

When we used the Polycoms, we had our Asterisk PBX use a different
INVITE request URI depending on which number the caller used, and we
configured the Polycom phones to display the named of the called line
according to the URI used.

Is there an equivalent for Blink?  I tried setting up multiple SIP
accounts, but the call alert dialog doesn't say which identity a call
came in on.  I could configure Asterisk to stuff something in the From:
header, but that has no effect when the calling party's number is in the
user's contacts list.  As a last resort, I could configure Asterisk to
send users an IRC message with the critical info, but I'd prefer
something integrated with the softphone.

Ideas?

Thanks,
--
Daniel Gnoutcheff