[Blink] Support for ubuntu yakkety

Jeremi blink at dzki.co.uk
Sun Feb 12 10:52:34 CET 2017

On 09/02/17 15:32, Sergio Callegari wrote:
> I've just uploaded blink packages for debian unstable, debian stable
> (jessie) and ubuntu xenial/yakkety/zesty
>
> Keep in mind what I mentioned in the other reply, google contacts still
> has issues and libxml2 is still broken in yakkety and zesty (it seems it
> was fixed just recently in debian unstable at version 2.9.4+dfsg1-2.2
> and it was not an issue in jessie and xenial since they have an older
> version which was not affected). In short if you have libxml2 at version
> <2.9.4 or >=2.9.4+dfsg1-2.2 you are fine.

jessie and jessie-backports seem to have 2.9.1
seems the only way for vanilla debian to get >=2.9.4+dfsg1-2.2 is to -t
testing install which isn't at all tidy and removes things like
libreoffice because of conflicts

> # apt-cache policy libxml2
> libxml2:
>   Installed: 2.9.1+dfsg1-5+deb8u4
>   Candidate: 2.9.1+dfsg1-5+deb8u4
>   Version table:
>  *** 2.9.1+dfsg1-5+deb8u4 0
>         500 http://mirror.bytemark.co.uk/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
>         500 http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates/main amd64 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

currently blink from ag repo stable does not work with jessie

> # apt-cache policy blink
> blink:
>   Installed: 3.0.2jessie
>   Candidate: 3.0.2jessie
>   Version table:
>  *** 3.0.2jessie 0
>         500 http://ag-projects.com/debian/ stable/main amd64 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

this is what happens when I run it from terminal

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/blink", line 67, in <module>
>     from blink import Blink
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/blink/__init__.py", line 31, in <module>
>     from blink.chatwindow import ChatWindow
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/blink/chatwindow.py", line 39, in <module>
>     from blink.contacts import URIUtils
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/blink/contacts.py", line 27, in <module>
>     from googleapiclient.discovery import build
> ImportError: No module named googleapiclient.discovery

in this case what might your suggestion for debian jessie be?

cheers

----

Jeremi