[Blink] BlinkQT problems on Arch

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Thu Oct 6 13:35:01 CEST 2016

Hi,

> On 06 Oct 2016, at 11:23, Mike Nagie <promike1987 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have few problems with Blink on the latest version of Arch. I've tried
> to install Blink with Darcs.
> https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=blink-darcs

Please stop building Blink straight from an arbitrary point in time by just pulling from the repo. While we try to keep it stable, there are no guarantees it is, and it may depend on newer versions of other dependencies.  By publishing this AUR recipe you’re just asking for trouble and potentially damaging the image of Blink.

Please, please, just build tagged released, that’s what they are for.  Building straight from Darcs is at your own peril.

> First I had this problem: https://paste.kde.org/pcimhocfx/i8cidm/raw

I rest my case. We are switching over to Qt5, so of course dependencies need to be adjusted.

> I neither found anything about it in the blink-2.0.0.tar.gz nor in the
> python-sipsimple-3.0.0.tar.gz docs. I installed python2-pyqt5 on my

You didn’t find it because it’s not there. It will be part of Blink <next version> and docs will be updated accordingly.

> system hoping that this was the culprit. Maybe it is because I have
> another error message and I'm stuck.
> https://paste.kde.org/pp4wtobkz/8opcbr/raw

You need the latest also unreleased version of python-sipsimple.