[Blink] Blink Broken and Uninstallable on Debian 8 & Xubuntu 14.04

Charles Rocha rochacj at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 13:34:20 CEST 2016

Thank you for your speedy response. Following your instructions, the easiest way is to enable the backports repository and install (or re-install) Blink using this:

apt-get install -t jessie-backports blink

Now Blink is working again on my Debian Jessie system. My friend would like to try Blink on his Kubuntu 14.04 system, but I guess he’ll have to wait on that.

You know, since the new version of Blink is not complete, perhaps it would be wise to keep the previous version in the repositories until it is. And if Blink depends on external packages that are no longer available, perhaps you can ask those devs to keep their older versions available for your users until the migration is complete.

In any case, I’m glad we got this resolved. Thank you again!